Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shelf Reliance Youtube Channel/Solar Hand Crank Lantern

Shelf Reliance has been working on making videos showcasing their emergency products.  These videos are wonderful!  Each video talks about one product.  They show you the product, tell you how it works, and then show you how to use it.  Through watching these videos I have found so many more products that I want.  The most recent video I watched is the Solar Crank Lantern.  Before watching this video I thought oh ok this would be helpful.  After watching the video I WANT this!  It is really cool and totally safe for the little ones.

A few of the things I really like about this lantern are:
  • 3 charging options
    • solar
    • hand cramk
    • 12 volt (cigarette charger)
  • no fuel to store
  • NO fire hazard
  • Lantern does NOT get hot!
  • SAFE FOR KIDS!
Those are just a few of the perks of this lantern vs a regular lantern.

The video will tell you this as well but to use the solar charging options.  It needs to charge for 10 hrs to receive a full charge.  Simply put the lantern outside in the sun in the morning, in the evening you have a full charge (6 hrs of light)

To use the hand crank simply turn the crank for 1 minute.  You will get 30 minutes of light.  Crank for a few minutes and you will have a few hours of light.  Pass the lantern around and let everyone crank!

For the 12 volt option just plug it into your cigarette charge and let it charge for 3 hours and you will get a full charge (6 hours of light)

You have the option to choose how bright you want the lantern.  There is a low switch which turns on 6 LED lights.  The hi switch turns on 12 LED lights.

I think overall my fave things about this lantern is that it does not heat up.  It stays cool so I wouldnt have to worry about my kids getting burned.  They can carry this around and be safe!

Through me this is only $28!  What a steal.  I know I have said this for a few other items but this would make a great Christmas present.  Not just as a emergency item either.  I would put this into my sons scout back pack and he can use it while he is camping with his scout troop.  Lots of uses for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment