Sunday, November 13, 2011

What does a basic 1 yr supply of food for 1 person look like?

So I am totally excited today. I can now say I officially have my year supply of beans. Well at least my pinto beans that is. I also have a year supply of a mixed bean. That is not on my list to store but it will give me more of a variety. It feels so great to be able to go to my list of what I need to store and be able to mark off something that I have completely done.

I received an email from a friend of mine who had some great info pertaining to food storage. Someone took the time to get a basic year supply for 1 person. They set it up on a shelf and took a picture of it to show what a year supply actually looks like. This was the minimum that we are told to store. It really opened my eyes. I have decided that I want to store more than a year supply for my family. As for my pinto beans I can say that I have a 2 year minimum supply. Looking at the 50lb bag I have though...its kind of a scary thought that for my family of 6 that is what we have for 2 years. Here is the links that she sent me.

Above was a post I did on another blog a few years ago.  I for one am so grateful to have more than a basic supply.  Looking at that looks so drab, looking at mine looks much more appealing.  I have fruits and veggies, dairy products ect.  I have food from all the food groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment