Thursday, February 24, 2011

EZ bread/rolls

The last few months I have started making my own bread which saves tons of money for my family. I have even come to enjoy making bread and it tastes so much better than store bought bread. My fave bread recipe is from http://www.everydayfoodstorage.net It is called EZ bread. The name describes it exactly. EZ. It is so easy to make and is delish!! I always make a double batch. This bread is very light and fluffy so in a double batch I ALWAYS add 1 or 2 cups of wheat flour to help make it a little denser and well healthier. This is kid tested and approved. My 6 yr old told me I cant buy store bought bread anymore. If thats not kid approved I dont know what is. I have changed this to mostly THRIVE ingredients!

EZ White Bread/Rolls


Ingredients:

1 1/8 c. warm water
2 tsp yeast
2 Tbs THRIVE sugar
Let rise together in bowl

Add in the following order:
3 c. THRIVE flour
1 tsp. THRIVE salt
2 Tbs. THRIVE milk powder
1 ½ Tbs butter ( havent tried THRIVE butter powder yet)
¼ c. potato flakes

Directions:

Knead bread. Butter bowl and top of dough. I spray my bowl with Pam instead of the butter and it does the same job. Let rise till doubled. If making rolls form them now. Cover and let rise. Roll out like cinnamon rolls. Roll up and karate chop the ends so they look nice and smooth. Place in pam sprayed bread pans. Let rise. Bake 350 deg for 18 minutes. When done immediately butter tops of rolls and bread.

We have a snow day today so I will be adding different food storage recipes through out the day!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment