Monday, August 8, 2011

THRIVE Chicken Tortilla Soup

I havent had as much time as I would have liked this summer to blog.  I am hoping that as summer winds down and school begins I will have more time to blog.

Today was yet another busy day and didnt get home until 5:45 and of course my kids were STARVING.  I didnt have much time to make dinner so I thought I would try a new recipe I was given.  It was sooo good and took no time at all to make.  So I had to pass it along. 

Chicken Tortilla Soup

5 c. water
1 c. THRIVE FD chicken
1 1/2 Tbs THRIVE dehydrated onion
1 garlic clove pressed
1/2 c. THRIVE FD corn
2 Tbs. THRIVE tomato powder
2 Tbs. THRIVE FD mixed peppers
1 c. THRIVE instant black beans
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. THRIVE chicken bouillon
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. THRIVE FD cheddar cheese
THRIVE sour cream powder
Tortilla chips
FD=Freeze Dried

Combine all ingredients except for the cheese and sour cream, into a pot.  Simmer 15-30 minutes or until the beans are soft.

While soup is simmering soak the cheese in cold water for 10 minutes.  DRAIN WELL!  Mix up some sour cream by adding COLD water with sour cream powder.  Add a little water at a time until the sour cream is the consistency you like. 

Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment