Sunday, September 18, 2011

Powerless Cooking

This is one topic/storage area that I am really lacking in.  I have a few propane bottles with camp stoves that we can use but other than that I have nothing.  I have heard wonderful reviews on the sun ovens.  There is one big downfall with them...you have to have sun.  I live in the NW so as you know, that means we have very little sun.  I do have 2 wonder boxes and I KNOW how to use them.  Now that is good thing if I am in the middle of cooking and the power goes out.  Or I can use my propane stoves just enough to boil my water and then finish off with my wonder box.  To learn more about the wonder box click here to see a previous post.

My in-laws did give me a dutch oven but I have no idea how to use it.  I think this week I will have my husband teach me how. 

Where I live we tend to loose power in the fall and winter.  Typically its not for very long or even at dinner but you NEVER know!  Its better to be prepared BEFORE something happens.

What do you have for powerless cooking?  Do you now HOW to use it?  What are your thoughts and ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment