Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Home Made Bread

I have been asked by several people lately for my bread recipe so I thought I would take the time and just post it here so every one can enjoy it.  It truly is the easiest and most delicious bread ever!  I got this recipe from one fave blogs every day food storage

I use this recipe for bread, rolls and cinnamon rolls!  For the cinnamon rolls I use 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 white flour.  I also add a Tbs of cinnamon to the dough.

EZ Bread

4 Tbs sugar
3 tsp yeast
2 1/4 c. warm water
Let sit until yeast "grows"

Add
4 Tbs powdered milk (NOT instant)
2 tsp salt
3/4 c. potato flakes (NOT beads)
6 c. flour (1 c. wheat flour, 5 c. white flour)



Mix that together.  Then kneed for a few minutes.  Let rise until doubled.  Punch down and form into a big ball.  Cut the ball into 2 smaller balls.  Form into 2 loaves and put in a pam sprayed bread pan.  Cover and let rise.  Bake 350 deg for 18 minutes.  To watch a video on how to make this click here.  You can add whatever mixture of flour that you like.  I add 1 c. of wheat to help the bread not be so light and fluffy.  My kids wont eat wheat bread yet so this is our happy medium right now.  With out the wheat the bread is almost too light and fluffy. 

For rolls spray pam into a casserole dish.  Form rolls to desired size.  Cover and let rise.  Bake 350 deg for 20-22 minutes.  For the rolls you can use any mixture of four you like, we prefer it with 100% white flour.

For cinnamon rolls roll out dough to about 1/4" thick.  Spread butter over the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  I like to add raisins or cinnamon chips.  Roll up and cut into the sizes you want.  Put on to a pam sprayed cookie sheet and let rise.  Bake 350 deg for about 18 minutes.  I do not add icing to ours to cut out calories.  To watch a video showing how to make these by every day food storage click here.  She will give you the recipe for the icing.  

So there you have it.  My super easy, super delicious bread, rolls and cimmanon rolls recipe.  Hopefully your family will like them as much as my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment