Sunday, May 15, 2011

Instant Milk

I will admit, I have been putting off trying our instant powdered milk.  I have tried non-instant powdered milk from another company, and it wasn't bad, but in order for it to taste good I had to add 1/4 tsp of clear vanilla and 1/2 tsp of sugar for 1 gallon of milk.  It was drinkable but my kids didn't enjoy it.  I DO use non-instant powdered milk for baking!

I have had SO MANY people tell me how good the instant milk is so I decided to try it at a party I had yesterday.  I will say that it needed to be a little colder, but it tasted like fat free milk!  It was GOOD!!  Even my 13 yr old daughter, who did not like the other companies non-instant powdered milk, liked this milk.  She said she could, and would, drink this and wouldn't complain at all!  Every one at the party agreed that this didnt even taste like instant powdered milk.

I have mentioned instant milk and non-instant powdered milk.  There is a difference.  Non-instant powdered milk is better for baking.  You can use it to drink but you need to add 1/2 tsp of sugar and 1/4 tsp of clear vanilla to make it drink able to make it drinkable.  My kids still complained about it even with adding the sugar and vanilla.  Non-instant powdered milk is also much harder to mix up.  It will have clumps in it and it is just a pain to make. 

Instant milk is better for drinking.  It almost dissolves with out any mixing from you.  Just remember that no matter which kind of milk you use MAKE SURE IT IS COLD before you drink it.  If its not cold it is not going to taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment