Saturday, April 30, 2011

THRIVE 3 Bean Chili

I have decided that I need to start trying more recipes out of my THRIVE cookbook.  So last night I made the Slow cooked 3 bean chili.  As for the slow cooked part not so much!  I typically don't think about dinner until about 5pm when my kids are complaining that they are starving.  So I used THRIVE instant beans so I didnt have to soak them all day and I just put everything on the stove.  Dinner was done in about 15 minutes!  Cant beat that!

SLOW COOKED 3 BEAN CHILI

1/4 c. THRIVE chopped onion
4 cloves garlic minced
1 TBS chili powder
1 TBS cumin
1/4 c. THRIVE tomato powder
4 tsp. THRIVE chicken bouillon
1 can diced tomatoes
1 c. THRIVE instant black beans
1 c. THRIVE instant kidney beans
1 c. THRIVE instant pinto beans
2 cans diced green chiles
4 c. water (more if needs)
3 c. THRIVE ground beef (I used taco TVP)
2 c. THRIVE shredded cheddar cheese (I used fresh)
1/2 c. THRIVE sour cream, prepared

1- In a crock pot (or lg pot) place onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomato powder, chicken bouillon, canned tomatoes, beans, green chiles, water and ground beef.  Stir to combine.

2- Cover and cook on low setting for 7-8 hrs (or until hot on the stove).  Stire in the cheese until melted.

3- ladle the chili into 6 bowls.  If desired top with sour cream and additional cheese.

This is sooo good and my PICKY son actually liked it!  That speaks wonders if he likes it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment