Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte/Hot Chocolate

Yesterday I stumbled across a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  It said that these taste as good as Starbucks if not better.  Now we dont drink coffee so the alternative to using coffee is hot chocolate.  Normally I am not a big fan of pumpkin ANYTHING.  So this was a stretch for me.  Turns out these are REALLY good!  Even my kids loved them. 


As promised on Facebook here is the recipe

Pumpkin Spice Latte

1 c. THRIVE chocolate drink (hot chocolate) or coffee

Pumpkin milk
1 c. milk, any %
1/4 heaping c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs. honey, brown sugar or any sweetener you like

Combine all ingredients except for the hot chocolate or coffee.  Whisk well or put in a blender and blend.  In a pot add 1/2 of the pumpkin milk and the hot chocolate.  Mix.  Top with cool whip or marshmallows.  Enjoy!

I made more of the pumpkin milk and am storing it in the fridge so later when my kids want some it will be ready. 

Words can not express how good this is.  And that is coming from a NON pumpkin lover! 

Pardon my picture....and the Christmas mug.  :)  Our cool whip was frozen.  I didnt realize my husband put it in the freezer.  So it was really clumpy....but it tasted just fine and that is what matters!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment